Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Twisting their way into our hearts and hair

The Who:

Like all great inventions, Twistband was born out of necessity. After having a baby, Jessica Frandson grew tired of having her hair tugged by the little one and quickly learned the least painful hairstyle for a new mom was a ponytail. She made sure to always have her hair up and kept a second band on her wrist as a backup. Traditional hair bands hurt her head and her wrist, so she twisted a soft piece of elastic trim to hold back her hair, thus creating the first Twistband. A few weeks later she was looking to write down a phone number and in the absence of a notepad, she wrote the number on her Twistband, and the custom message Twistband was born. 

My package came in a beautiful package just as is shown below and out fell a beautiful variety of twistbands of all colors and sizes. There were an amazing set of twistband hair ties, a beautifully colored shoe lace and a headband.




I think the most beautiful thing about the twistbands is its ingenuity: the idea itself! You see such a product and wonder why you've always known it to be necessary but you never thought it could be and you resigned yourself to the fate of having hair bands that were too tight for your wrist and that I've often stopped using simply because of its inconvenience.

I love the vibrancy of the colors that I received, these were rich beautiful colors and they were simple and most efficient. I quickly literally picked the first one I received and wrapped my hair with it and boy was I amazed. Maybe I'll quickly take a second to tell you my intense hatred for hair bands, typically, the tight ones work well on my hair but of course, pulls out every second hair from its root and chokes the blood circulation when on my wrist. Of course, the loose ones take forever to tighten around my hair and was too loose on my wrist. There was never too many perfect hair bands.

Until, twistbands.

I absolutely love everything about it, I have three on my wrist and one proudly adorning my hair. Check out all their colors, the custom Twistband, shoelaces and everything else.
I can actually remove the twistband knot and re-tie it if I want as well to fit my wrist or my desire. Also cuts hair loss and hair entanglement by a significant amount!

No comments:

Post a Comment