Monday, August 20, 2012

No other way to Slice!

There are very few products that appeal to my aesthetic artistic self. Most things are functional and some do their job well, but most are not items I'd look at after their purpose was served. One example that comes to mind is Apple, you whistle and think about their designers and you marvel at simple but extremely beautiful functional products.
Another such company is Slice.


The Who:



Slice was founded in 2008 by TJ Scimone as a way to help fund long-term care for his son, Alex, who is autistic. A minimum of 1% of all Slice product sales is donated to help fund autism research. By purchasing our products, you’re helping to find a cure for the millions of children and their families who live with autism every day.




They collaborate with some of the most innovative designers on the planet. They take everyday objects - scissors, safety knives, letter openers, ceramic knives, Safety Cutters- and rethink them. How can a safety cutter or a pair of scissors be better? What can we do to reinvent a Box Cutter so it is easier to use? How can we reconfigure beauty tools to make them into works of art?


The result is a collection of award-winning, innovative cutting tools for your home, office, and school that will help you slice in style and inspire you to create great works of art yourself.

The What:
I received a Slice Safety Cutter to review and it took me a couple of seconds to be completely sure that I actually did receive it because this was truly the first actually safe safety cutter. I could hardly see the blade, it was aesthetically appealing and very very compact and looked awesomely amazing! It's also highly affordable!
I also loved the fact that it had a key-ring hole and can't believe it's a magnet.
Un-(freaking, pardon my language) believable!

Product Specs:
The Slice™ Safety Cutter is the most versatile tool you'll ever own. Features a finger-friendly microscopic ceramic blade that's quick, easy and a safe substitute for scissors or traditional safety knives. Slice Safety Cutters are perfect for scrap-booking, clipping recipes, coupons and news articles, removing shrink-wrap, opening CDs, DVDs, plastic packaging, and more. Includes a built-in magnet and key-ring hole.
- Ceramic blade lasts longer than steel
- Stays sharp and never rusts
- Built-in magnet and key-ring hole
- Rubberized non-slip finish
- Finger-Friendly™ Design
- For left- and right-handers

Slice slanted soft-touch tweezers
I've always had tweezers and the memory now that I think of it has been a cold steel like experience that I usually never dwell too much on, why would one, I used to think. But the slice tweezers are yet another amazing product in Slices' offering that is extremely functional and amazingly appealing to the person. No longer do I feel guilty or hurried about doing functional things, these are masterpieces in my humble opinion.
And the funny part: I don't really tweeze unless i have to (I'm lazy that way,) but I see myself doing a whole whole lot of tweezing from now on ;)


Product Specs:
What do you get when you combine the design skills of famed architect Michael Graves, two years of testing and development, and collaboration with top beauty professionals, stylists and estheticians? The result is a tweezer experience like you've never had before. Perfectly aligned, hand-filed slanted tips and a wide, comfortable rubberized red soft-touch grip for expert precision, every time.
- Perfectly aligned slanted edges
- Hand-filed precision tips
- Ideal for professional brow shaping
- Professional grade stainless steel
- Soft-touch red rubberized finish
- Wide comfort grip
- For home or salon
Also available in 100% stainless steel.

Overall, I remember what I tell my husband as the distinction between a 10/10 and a transcendantal experience. 10/10 is exceptional and perfect yet human, transcendantal is an out of the world experience.

Slice is most transcendantal.
PS: This review cannot be complete without a shout out to Slice's most amazing designers. Needless to say, I'm inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment